The Prince Mahidol Award Foundation is currently accepting nominations for individual (s) or institution(s) for their outstanding performance and/or research that contributes directly to the betterment of society.
The Prince Mahidol Award Foundation was established by the royal permission of His Majesty the King Bhumibol Adulyadej, in accordance with the proposal of Faculty of Medicine, Siriraj Hospital, in commemoration of the Centenary Birthday Anniversary of His Royal Highness Prince Mahidol of Songkla on January 1st, 1992. The Foundation was established in honour of His Royal Highness and in recognition of his exemplary contribution as “The Father of Modern Medicine and Public Health of Thailand.”
Two Prince Mahidol Awards are conferred on an annual basis, one in medicine and one in public health. The Prince Mahidol Award consists of (1) a medal (2) a certificate and (3) a prize money of US $100,000.
1. All nominations can be submitted by three methods:
(1) PREFERRED METHOD: Submit online via the Nomination Submission Online. Nominators are strongly encouraged to use this method. E-mail the nomination form and all supporting materials as attached files to Supat.email@example.com
(2) Through the Royal Thai Embassy, Brussels: Please send the complete nomination and all supporting materials to the Embassy by May 21, 2014 at
Royal Thai Embassy
876 Chaussee de Waterloo
(3) Regular mail delivery. Please send the complete nomination and all supporting materials to:
Prince Mahidol Award Foundation
2nd Floor, Mahidol-Bumpen Building,
Siriraj Hospital, Mahidol University,
2 Prannok Road, Bangkoknoi, Bangkok 10700 THAILAND
2. Nominations submitted on-line or mailed to Thailand must be received no later than midnight Thailand local time on May 31, 2014.
3. Nominations that arrive after the deadline will be held over to the following year for consideration. Nominations that did not result in an award can be resubmitted or updated in subsequent years.
4. Self-nominations are NOT ACCEPTED.
For more information about the submission process, please contact Prof. Supat Vanichakarn,M.D., secretary-general at Supat.firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
The Prince Mahidol Award is an international award conferred on individual(s) or institution(s). It is established by royal permission in honour of His Royal Highness Prince Mahidol of Songkla. The Prince Mahidol Award Ceremony will be held in Bangkok in the last week of January 2015. His Majesty the King has graciously granted Royal Patronage to the Prince Mahidol Award Foundation.