(updated on 14 January 2021)
COVID-19 NOTICE: ALL SERVICES ARE *BY APPOINTMENT* ONLY
LATEST UPDATE : (15 January 2021)
** From 14 January 2021 onwards, all travelers to Thailand, after receiving their COE, are required to download and register on “ThailandPlus” application. You will be required to present your registration on “ ThailandPlus” upon your arrival in Thailand. Should you have any problem regarding the application, please contact the staff at the airport in Thailand.
* From 14 January 2021, all visa types previously applicable are reinstated, except Visa on Arrival (VOA) and 14-day visa exemption schemes (Myanmar and Cambodia).
* Tourists who are nationals of Belgium and Luxembourg are permitted to enter Thailand on a visa exemption scheme for a period of 45 days.
* Tourists who are nationals of Belgium and Luxembourg who wish to spend longer than 60 days in Thailand may apply for a Special Tourist Visa (STV), which allows them to stay in Thailand for 90 days (renewable twice). For more information regarding the STV application, click here
However, an application for a Certificate of Entry (COE) is mandatory for all travelers.
In accordance with the Regulation issued under Section 9 of the Emergency Decree on Public Administration in Emergency Situations B.E. 2548 (2005), as amended, the following non-Thai nationals are permitted to enter Thailand:
(1) exempted persons or persons who are specified, permitted or invited by the Prime Minister or Chief Official responsible for remedying the emergency situation to enter into the Kingdom pertaining to necessity, whereby conditions and timeframes may also be prescribed;
(2) persons on diplomatic or consular missions or under international organizations, or representatives of foreign governments, or agencies performing their duties in Thailand, or any other persons in international agencies, that the Ministry of Foreign Affairs gives permission pertaining to necessity, including their spouses, parents or children;
(3) carrier of goods pertaining to necessity, who shall promptly depart after completing their mission;
(4) vehicle operators and crew members of vehicles, who need to enter into the Kingdom pursuant to their mission, with a clear scheduled time of departure;
(5) non-Thai nationals who are spouses, parents or children of Thai nationals;
(6) non-Thai nationals who have a certificate of residence or have been permitted to take up residency in the Kingdom;
(7) non-Thai nationals who have a work permit or have been granted permission to work in the Kingdom in accordance with Thai laws, including their spouses or children;
(8) non-Thai nationals who are students of educational establishments in Thailand approved by Thai authorities, including their parents or guardians, except for students of non-formal schools in accordance with laws on private schools or of any other similar private educational establishments;
(9) non-Thai nationals who need to receive medical treatment in Thailand, including their accompanying persons, except for treatment for COVID-19; and
(10) non-Thai nationals who have been granted permission to enter into the Kingdom under special arrangements with other countries.”
At present, certain air operators are permitted to operate semi-commercial flights to Thailand, including Emirates, Qatar Airways, Etihad Airways, Singapore Airlines, EVA Air, Thai Airways, Lufthansa Austrian, Airlines, Swiss Air, KLM, Air France and Cathay Pacific.
Before booking flights with the abovementioned air operators, travelers shall ensure that they fall within the categories of non-Thai nationals permitted to enter Thailand. If they do not qualify for the COE and already paid for the flight, they will be subject to the applicable cancellation/refund policies of the respective air operators.
3.1 All travelers arriving in Thailand are required to undergo a 14-day (15 nights) quarantine at:
(1) Alternative State Quarantine (ASQ) facility or Alternative Local Quarantine (ALQ) in Chonburi & Prachinburi (for those arriving in Bangkok)
(2) Alternative Local Quarantine (ALQ) in Phuket (for travelers arriving in Phuket only)
3.2 How to reserve ASQ :
List of Alternative State Quarantine hotels, click here
Reservation must be made for “ASQ/ALQ package / 15 nights” at the travelers’ own expenses.
Reservations can be done through the following approved platforms :
4. Required documents
Non-Thai nationals who are permitted to enter Thailand must present the following documents at the check-in counter in the country of origin and at immigration control in Thailand:
4.2 Valid Thai visa, re-entry permit or travelling on visa exemption scheme
4.3 Certificate of Entry (COE)
4.4 Fit to Fly Health Certificate which has been certified or issued no more than 72 hours before departure
4.5 Medical certificate with a laboratory result indicating that COVID -19 is not detected, using RT-PCR test, issued no more than 72 hours before departure
4.6 ASQ booking confirmation on arrival date
Non-Thai nationals who reside in Belgium and Luxembourg may apply for a Certificate of Entry (ONLINE) with the Royal Thai Embassy in Brussels. Those residing in other countries should submit their applications with their respective Royal Thai Embassies.
*** Important note***
-> Checklist of documents for application of Certificate of Entry (COE), click here
(1) Apply for an appropriate visa. Click here for a visa application form. If you already hold a valid Thai visa, Re-entry Permit or qualify for Tourist Visa Exemption Scheme, please proceed to step (2).
(2) Once the visa has been issued, complete the COE application online: https://coethailand.mfa.go.th Please make sure that you have the following documents ready for upload:
Note : Applicants will receive a 6-digit code. Applicants must take note of this code which is needed for checking the status of their applications.
*The Embassy may refuse the registration if documents are missing.
Remarks : The COE is issued for specific flight and ASQ. If the applicant changes the flight and/or ASQ after receiving the COE, he/she must contact the Royal Thai Embassy for a new COE.
Should you have any questions please contact email@example.com
or call 02 640 6810/ 0491 122 084 on Monday- Friday at 10.00-13.00 hr. and 14.00-16.00 hr. (except on the Embassy’s Holiday)