Travelling to Thailand ( Alternative Quarantine)
- What is Phuket Sandbox Extension (7+7) ?
- A tourism-promotion scheme that allows fully vaccinated travellers to enter Phuket, and other 7 designated Areas in Thailand, without quarantine, subject to conditions below.
- Eligible travellers
- Both non-Thaisand Thais are eligible.
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19with a vaccine approved by World Health Organization (WHO) or Ministry of Public Health of Thailand no less than 14 days before departure. Travellers from Belgium must show EU Digital COVID Certificate.
- Children under the age of 18, travelling with parents, are eligible without proof of vaccination. The child’s birth certificate must be submitted to proof relationship with parents when applying for COE.
- Children under the age of 18, travelling alone and have not been vaccinated, are not eligible for the Phuket Sandbox Extension Scheme. However, they may choose Phuket as ALQ (14 days quarantine).
- Must come from a country approved by the Thai Government. At present, travellers from Belgium and Luxembourg are eligible. Travellers must, however, be in these eligible countries for at least 21 consecutive days prior to travel ***except those whose residence is in Thailand.
- List of approved countries are as follows : Albania, Andorra, Antigua and Barbuda, Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Barbados, Bhutan, Brunei, Bulgaria, Cambodia, Canada, Chile, China, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Dominica, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Kuwait, Laos, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, Mauritius, Monaco, Morocco, Myanmar, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Romania, Russia, San Marino, Serbia, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, UAE, United Kingdom, USA, Vietnam, Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan.
- Must have health insurance which expressly covers treatment and medical expenses in relation to COVID-19, with a minimum coverage of 100,000 USD.
- Travellers must Stay in Phuket more than 7 days, received both second RT-PCR test result and Transfer Form before travelling to +7 areas.
- Should travellers stay more than 14 nights altogether, proof of payment for 3 RT-PCR tests must be presented. The first two test must be taken in Phuket. The third test must be taken in the indicated place in +7 areas.
- If accommodations in the initial Phuket Sandbox Program is already reserved and COE has been issued, travellers are not eligible to Phuket Sandbox Extension (7+7) Program.
- Flights / means of transportation
- Phuket : Direct flights from outside Thailand to Phuket or chartered flights that stop over in Bangkok without transit before flying to Phuket. (Disembarking the plane for domestic transit is not allowed)
- Designated means of transport from Phuket to +7 Areas.
- Surat Thani Province : Koh Samui, Koh Pha-ngan, Koh Tao (by direct flights)
- Krabi Province : Koh Phi-Phi, Koh Ngai and Railay (by boat)
- Phang-nga Province: Khao Lak (by car)
- Phang-nga Province: Koh Yao Noi or Koh Yao Yai (by boat)
- Duration of Stay
- If at least 7 days, travellers can visit other +7 areas after 7 days via designated means of transport.
- If inferior to 14 nights, travellers must have a proof of a return ticket leaving Thailand to another country from the Phuket International Airport.
- After 14 days, travellers can visit other provinces of Thailand and can depart to other countries from other airports in Thailand.
- Must stay at a hotel that meets the “SHA+” standard for the entire period of stay (if inferior to 14 nights, must have a proof of return tickets leaving Thailand from Phuket to another country)
- These hotels are not quarantine hotels. You can still leave your room to travel in Phuket and designated area.
- Confirmation of “SHA+” hotel booking must be issued under the SHABA system (SHA Plus Booking Authentication system) or booking under https://www.thailandsha.com/ or http://entrythailand.go.th/
- Must stay at the same hotel for at least the first 7 days in Phuket. Up to two hotels can be reserved for +7 areas during another 7 days
- Change of accommodation
- Phang-nga Province: For Koh Yao Noi and Koh Yao Yai, only one hotel can be reserved for the entire period of stay and can not be changed. However, travellers are allowed to take day trips between the two islands. For travellers who intend to stay in Khao Lak, day trips are not allowed to other areas.
- Krabi Province and Surat Thani Province: Travellers can change their accommodations during their stay.
- Termination of Stay
After 14 days, travellers may travel to other parts of Thailand. Departure earlier than 14 days is possible from Phuket and only for destinations outside of Thailand.
- COVID-19 tests
- Travellers must present RT-PCR negative test resultissued no more than 72 hours before departure.
- Upon entry, travellers will have to undergothree COVID-19 tests at their own expenses at different times:
– 1st PCR test upon arrival at the Phuket International Airport. Travellers are requested to wait for the result before leaving their hotel.
– 2nd PCR test on 6 or 7th day after arrival. Travellers are requested to wait for the second result before leaving Phuket to +7 Areas.
– 3rd PCR test on 12 or 13th day after arrival in the +7 areas.
- Please make the PCR test reservations onthailandpsas.com
- ***Travellers are requested to show proof of payment for the 3 PCR test appointments when applying for COE.
- Journey-tracing application
- Travellers must install and use journey-tracing application as prescribed by the Thai Government (ThailandPlus and Morchana) throughout the 14 days in Phuket Sandbox Extension 7+7 Program; otherwise, they may not be allowed to leave Phuket to other parts of Thailand after 14 days.
- How to apply for COE
- When applying for COE,in the Travel Details please choose “you entering Thailand through the Sandbox Programme” and choose “Phuket“as the Sandbox destination.
Disclaimer: the above information is subject to change without prior notice.