Non-immigrant “O” Retirement (pensioner aged 50 or above with a state pension who wish to stay in Thailand for no longer than 90 days)
Single and multiple entries
Single-entry visa holders can initially stay in Thailand for no more than 90 days; however, they can request their visa extension at the Immigration Bureau in Thailand for a one-year stay.
Multiple-entry visa holders are allowed to stay in Thailand for 90 days for each entry. After 90 days, they are required to leave the country.
1 . Biodata page of Passport or Travel Document
- passport that is still valid for at least 6 months
2 . Photograph *taken within the last six months. If the photograph does not reflect your current appearance you may be refused to enter the Kingdom of Thailand
3 . Declaration ( Download here)
4 . Proof of the permanent residence in the country where the application is submitted
5 . Financial evidence (A copy of pension statement or a copy of 1-month bank statement showing your income from pension, or 3-month bank statement of at least 10,000
- Monthly net pension of not less than 1,000 euros per month ( expressly indicate the applicant’s name-surname and date of issue) OR
- Proof of financial (letter from the bank) showing the latest 3-month bank statement of the amount equal to no less than +/- 10,000 euros or 400,000 Baht ( expressly indicate the applicant’s name-surname and date) with a proof of retirement status Pension
6 . Health Insurance issued
by thai insurer with outpatient benefit of not less than 40,000 THB and inpatient benefit of not less than 400,000 THB. The insurance must also cover all medical expenditures including COVID-19 at least USD 100,000 and must cover the whole period of stay in Thailand.
- Health insurance policy document from either foreign or Thai insurers for the entire intended period of stay in Thailand with the following coverage:
Outpatient benefit with a sum insured of not less than 40,000 THB and Inpatient benefit with a sum insured of not less than 400,000 THB covering the whole period of stay in Thailand
- COVID-19 coverage is not required for a visa request.
7 . Applicant is required to upload his/her passport pages which contain all travel records for the past 12 months (1 year) since the last international trip.
8 . Applicant must apply for e-Visa via specific Embassy/Consulate conforming with his/her consular jurisdiction and residency. Applicant is required to upload document that can verify his/her current residency.
- Applicants may upload a Belgian/Luxemburgish ID card, a certificate of resident, and bills that expressly mention name-surname and address.
9 . Please upload your picture holding the photo and information page of the passport.
- To identify if the applicant’s face is the same person as the passport holder
The Consul may ask for more documents if deemed necessary
In the case of retirement:
Criteria for Consideration
- Must have been granted a non-immigrant visa (NON-IM).
- Must be 50 years of age or over.
- Must have evidence of having income of no less than Baht 65,000 per month; or
- On the filing date, the applicant must have account deposited (saving / fixed account) in a bank in Thailand of no less than
Baht 800,000 for the past three months. For the first year only, the applicant must have proof of a
deposit account in which said amount of funds has been maintained for no less than 60 days prior to
the filing date; or
- Must have an annual earning and funds deposited with a bank totaling no less than Baht
800,000 as of the filing date.
- An alien who entered the Kingdom before October 21, 1998 and has been consecutively
permitted to stay in the Kingdom for retirement shall be subject to the following criteria:(a) Must be 60 years of age or over and have an annual fixed income with funds maintained in
a bank account for the past three months of no less than Baht 200,000 or have a monthly income of
no less than Baht 20,000.(b) If less than 60 years of age but not less than 55 years of age, must have an annual fixed
income with funds maintained in a bank account for the past three months of no less than Baht
500,000 or have a monthly income of no less than Baht 50,000.