Non-immigrant “O” Retirement (pensioner aged 50 or above with a state pension who wish to stay in Thailand for no longer than 90 days)
Non-immigrant Visa “O-X”
Non-immigrant Visa “O-A” (Long Stay) Visa for Long Stay
> Download this information in English l French l Duth
Multiple entries and eligibility to stay for 1 year
The O-A Visa allows one to stay 1 year in Thailand. It is however compulsory to go to the immigration office of your province every 3 month.
For people, who are retired, at least 50 years old and who wish to stay 1 year in Thailand may apply for it.
- 1 . Biodata page of Passport or Travel Document
- passport that is still valid for at least 18 months
- 2 . Photograph *taken within the last six months. If the photograph does not reflect your current appearance you may be refused to enter the Kingdom of Thailand
- 4 . A medical certificate issued from the country where the application is submitted, showing no prohibitive diseases as indicated in the Ministerial Regulation No.14 (B.E. 2535) (certificate shall be valid for not more than three months)
- A medical certificate from your doctor showing that you do not have any contagious disease ( Download the form here )
- 5 . Certificate of criminal record clearance from the country of nationality or the country where the application is submitted
- certificate shall be valid for not more than three months
- 6 . Financial evidence showing monthly income of not less than 65,000 THB or having the current balance of 800,000 THB, e.g. bank statements, proof of earnings
- ***Monthly net pension of not less than 1,700 euros per month or equivalent to 65,000 Baht ( expressly indicate the applicant’s name-surname and date of issue) OR
- Proof of financial (letter from the bank) showing a 3-moth bank statement of the amount equal to no less than +/- 21,000 euros or 800,000 Baht ( expressly indicate the applicant’s name-surname and date) with a proof of retirement statusAn original attestation (scanned/electronic version is not accepted) from the bank with at least 1,200,000 baht or equivalent to 32,500 € (bank in Thailand or in Belgium) + the bank statements from the last 3 months of this bank accountOR An attestation which mentions that you receive at least 2,700 € (two-thousand-seven-hundred euros) per month as well as bank statements of the last 3 months which prove that you receive that amount. The communication on the bank statement must indicate that concerning monthly pension.
- 7 . Proof of the permanent residence in the country where the application is submitted
- 8 . Proof of health insurance coverage letter.
- 9 . Health Insurance issued by a Thai or foreign insurer for general illnesses, including COVID-19, with the insured sum of not less than 100,000 USD or 3,000,000 THB covering the entire period of stay in Thailand and the validity of your visa
- 10 . Foreign Insurance Certificate as stipulated by the Office of Insurance Commission and Health Insurance of Thailand, which must be completed, signed and stamped by the insurance company. The form can be downloaded from https://longstay.tgia.org
- Applicants are encouraged to buy Thai insurance for the convenience
- 11 . Applicant is required to upload his/her passport pages which contain all travel records for the past 12 months (1 year) since the last international trip.
- 12 . Applicant must apply for e-Visa via specific Embassy/Consulate conforming with his/her consular jurisdiction and residency. Applicant is required to upload document that can verify his/her current residency.
- 13 . Please upload your picture holding the photo and information page of the passport.
- 14. Proof of accommodation ( Please upload this document where deemed appropriate despite no section provided for)
The O-A Visa allows one to stay 1 year in Thailand. It is however compulsory to go to the immigration office of your city every 3 month.
Please note that these documents are COMPULSORY to apply for this visa.
The Consul may ask for more documents if deemed necessary