>> Download this information in English l French l Dutch
This type of visa may be issued to nationals and passport holders of Japan, Australia, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, Switzerland, the United Kingdom, Canada and the United States of America with the age of 50 years old and over who wish to stay in Thailand for the maximum period of 10 years (5 years according to visa validity plus an extension for another 5 years). Employment of any kind is strictly prohibited.
1.1 Applicant must be aged 50 years and over (on the day of submitting application).
1.2 Applicants must hold passport and nationality of (1) Japan (2) Australia (3) Denmark (4) Finland (5) France (6) Germany (7) Italy (8) the Netherlands (9) Norway (10) Sweden (11) Switzerland (12) the United Kingdom (13) Canada (14) the United States of America
1.3 Having no criminal record in Thailand and the country of the applicant’s nationality or residence
1.4 Having the nationality of or permanent residence in the country where application is submitted
1.5 Financial qualifications
(a) Applicants must have money deposited in Thai bank located in Thailand with the amount of not less than 3 million Baht; or
(b) Applicants must have money deposited in Thai bank located in Thailand with the amount of not less than 1.8 million Baht and have income with the amount of not less than 1.2 million Baht per year. Once the applicants enter Thailand, they must have accumulated money deposited in Thai bank located in Thailand not less than 3 million Baht within 1 year.
The money in (a) and (b) must be kept in bank account at least 1 year before withdrawing and, within another next year, the money must be left in the account with the amount of not less than 1.5 million Baht and can only be spent in Thailand.
1.6 Applicants must have no forbidden diseases according to the Ministerial Regulation No. 14 (B.E. 2535) which include Leprosy, Tuberculosis, Elephantiasis, drug addiction and third stage of Syphilis.
1.7 Applicants must have Thai medical insurance during their stay in Thailand (per the approval of the Office of Insurance Commission) and medical claims for outpatient must not be less than 40,000 Baht, for inpatient must not be less than 400,000 Baht.
2.1 Passport with validity of not less than six months from the date of travel.
2.2 3 copies of completed visa application forms
2.3 3 passport-sized photos (3.5 x 4.5 cm) of the applicant taken within the past six months
2.4 A personal data form
2.5 Certificate of bank deposit stating bank contact information, copy of bank book and bank statement which shows fixed deposit with the amount of not less than 3 million Baht deposited in Thai bank located in Thailand or certificate of bank deposit stating bank contact information, copy of bank book and bank statement which shows fixed deposit with the amount of not less than 1.8 million Baht deposited in Thai bank located in Thailand and certificate of annual income with the amount of not less than 1.2 million Baht (local currency equivalent) per year. (Once the applicants enter Thailand, they must have accumulated money deposited in Thai bank located in Thailand not less than 3 million Baht within 1 year.)
2.6 Certificate of criminal record clearance from the country of nationality. In case the applicants have permanent residence in other country, they must provide the aforementioned document from both country of nationality and country of permanent residence.
2.7 Medical certificate from the country where the applicants apply visa stating that applicants don’t have any prohibited diseases according to the Ministerial Regulation No. 14 (B.E.2535) which include Leprosy, Tuberculosis, Elephantiasis, drug addiction, third stage of Syphilis. The medical certificate must not be issued over 3 months.
2.8 Copy of evidence stating that applicants have insurance as per stipulated by the Office of Insurance Commission and health insurance of Thailand which has insurance money for outpatient not less than 40,000 Baht and for inpatient not less than 400,000 Baht.
Please check (http://longstay.tgia.org) for more information regarding the insurance requirement.
4.1 Foreigners who have the required qualifications and supporting documents as stated above may apply for Non-Immigrant O-X Visa at the Royal Thai Embassy/Royal Thai Consulate-General in the country of their nationality or where they have permanent residence.
4.2 For Dutch nationals and the nationals of the other 13 eligible countries who have permanent residence in the Netherlands may submit an application at the Royal Thai Embassy, the Hague.
4.3 The Royal Thai Embassy/Royal Thai Consulate-General examines the qualifications and supporting documents and informs the result to the applicants.
4.4 In case that the visa is approved, foreigners (main applicant, spouse, and lawful child under 20 years old) will obtain a multiple-entry Non-Immigrant O-X visa with visa validity of 5 years
4.5 Upon arrival in Thailand, the immigration officer will grant the Non-Immigrant O-X visa holders the stay permit in the Kingdom for the period of not exceeding 5 years according to visa validity.
Other Useful Information
– Benefits of the Non-Immigrant O-X visa holders
1) Can work as a volunteer (in accordance with the list of volunteer work as stipulated by the Department of Employment).
2) Can purchase vehicles (under the provision of laws on motor vehicles).
3) Can purchase condominiums (proceed in accordance with the Condominium Act).
– Foreigners who enter Thailand with other type of Visa/Visa Exemption may contact the Immigration Bureau and apply for Non-Immigrant O-X visa.
– Foreigners who enter Thailand with Non-Immigrant O-X visa may change from Non-Immigrant O-X to other type of Visa by submitting request to the Immigration Bureau. Spouse and child’s visa approval will be changed according to status of the main applicant. However, spouse can apply for Non-Immigrant O-X by himself/ herself if he/she meets the qualifications.
– Spouse/child who does not qualify for Non-Immigrant O-X visa may apply for other type of non-immigrant visa in order to stay in Thailand with the Non-Immigrant O-X visa holder.
– Upon the completion of 90 days stay period in Thailand, foreigners must notify the Immigration Bureau of their residence in Thailand and shall repeat at every 90 days interval.
– Foreigners must report, in person, to the immigration officer every 1 year for the examination of the qualifications and supporting documents.
– Stay permit of the Non-Immigrant O-X visa holders may be revoked due to following conditions:
1) Foreigners do not have financial evidence as per stipulated by above qualifications such as:
– The sum of money in the bank account is less than 3 million Baht at the end of the first year of stay period in Thailand.
– The sum of money in the bank account is less than 1.5 million Baht at the end of the second year of stay period in Thailand, and/or the money in said account was spent outside Thailand.
2) Foreigners do not have insurance as per stipulated by above qualifications.
3) Foreigners pose threat to peace and security of Thailand.
4) Foreigners work without permission.