Purpose of visit “Tourism/Leisure activities”, “Visiting or staying with family resided in Thailand (less than 60 days)”
>> Download this information in English l French l Dutch
Belgian/Luxembourg passport holders who wish to visit Thailand for a tourism purpose can enter Thailand without a visa and stay for up to30 days per each entry, provided they are in the possession of inbound and outbound airline tickets and of a passport valid for at least 6 months.
Belgian/Luxembourg passport holders, who wish to stay longer than 30 days, should apply for a tourist Visa BEFORE leaving to Thailand.
The Royal Thai Embassy wishes to announce that starting 13 November 2015, with the purpose of facilitation tourism to Thailand, the Royal Thai Government will implement a new tourist visa scheme allowing for the following types of tourist visas to will be made available for all foreign nationals:
- Single Entry Tourist Visa, valid for a 3-month period, for a stay up to 60 days per entry ( with the possibility to extend for another 30 days at the Immigration offices in Thailand)
- Multiple Entry Tourist Visa (METV), valid for a 6-month period, for a stay up to 60 days per entry
Applicants for the above-mentioned visas are required to submit the following documents (PER person) for the Embassy’s consideration on https://thaievisa.go.th/:
- passport that is still valid for at least 6 months
- Applicant’s identity photo, taken within the last 6 months
- Declaration form ( Download here)
- Belgian/Luxembourg identity card (or resident card in Belgium/Luxembourg)
- Travel booking confirmation
- The reservation of the flight tickets in and out of Thailand
- For the METV, the reservation of the flight tickets inbound and outbound of Thailand on a regular basis or at least twice
- Proof of accommodation in Thailand
- a confirmed hotel reservation (confirmation for at least half of your stay !) OR
- an invitation letter from a person in Thailand with a full address and the host’s identity card + House Registration ( Tabian Baan) or rental contract/lease agreement (all of which must be “Certified True Copy”, signed, and dated).
- Financial evidence e.g. bank statement or sponsorship letter
- Last 3-month bank statement with a minimum balance of 700 Euros (Single Entry Tourist Visa) *must expressly mention name and date ( not older than 14 days before the application date or
- Last 6-month bank statement with a minimum balance of 6,000 Euros (for the Multiple Entry Tourist Visa) *must expressly mention name and date ( not older than 14 days before the application date
- Sponsorship letter, sponsor’s ID card, and sponsor’s bank statement
- ***If you are unemployed: a proof of income/earnings (document from unemployment benefit, pension or copy of your latest bank statement, etc.)
- Passport page(s) which contain international travel records for the past 12 months
- Picture of the applicant holding and showing the info page of the applicant’s passport ( to identify if the applicant’s face is the same person as the passport holder)
- Residence permit in a country in which visa application is submitted (In case that applicant is not a national of the country in which visa application is submitted
- Applicants may upload a Belgian/Luxemburgish ID card
- Applicant must apply for e-Visa via specific Embassy/Consulate conforming with his/her consular jurisdiction and residency. Applicant is required to upload document that can verify his/her current residency
- Applicants may upload a Belgian/Luxemburgish ID card, a certificate of resident, and bills that expressly mention name-surname and address.
Applicants less than 18 years old are required to submit the following documents
in addition to the above (PER person):
- the identity card/passport of BOTH parents
- the birth certificate
- The parent who is not travelling with the minor must write a letter of consent for the child to travel
- Sponsorship letter
***Please upload required documents of your visa according to the lists above despite insufficient document sections provided on www.thaievisa.go.th. The Embassy is in the process of requesting additional sections from the Thai e-visa web developer, which may take some time. In the meantime, applicants may upload the rest of the required documents where deemed appropriate or in the same section as other documents. It is important to upload all required documents in order for your application to be processed in a timely manner.
*** Consular officers reserve the rights to request additional documents as deemed necessary.