Visa application for nationals of certain Countries
Passport holders from the countries below are required to submit additional documents to apply for a tourist Visa.
The Embassy cannot take any decision concerning your Visa application.
Your documents will be submitted to the Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs for approval.
The applicants must have a permit of residence in Belgium or in Luxembourg
Visa application must be submitted before travel date at least 6-8 weeks
Additional required documents
- A copy of a valid Belgian or Luxembourgish identity card or permit of residence. The residence permit must be valid during the period of travelling and returning to Belgium or Luxembourg
- Residence certificate issued by the commune of residence.
- A copy of a reservation/booking airline tickets, showing the name of the applicant, arrival and departure dates for Thailand.
- A copy of a hotel/accommodation reservation in Thailand for the whole period of stay. The name of the applicant, full address and date of arrival and departure must be mentioned on the document OR A letter or mail from a guarantor in Thailand inviting you to stay in his/her home. The letter must mention the name of the applicant, full address in Thailand and the date of arrival and departure. The guarantor must submit his/her copy of Thai identity card and proof of residence in Thailand (Tabian Baan).
- A copy of the applicant’s employment contract mentioning the job position, salary and duration of the employment contract.
- If the applicant is a student, please include a confirmation letter in English from the school or university.
- In case of unemployed MUST having a sponsor, please provide :
A copy of his/her identity card
A copy of his/her 3 last payment slips
A formal letter of your sponsors identifying who is he/she? And the relationship you have with this person
- A copy of the applicant’s bank statements of the 3 last months with a minimum balance of 700 Euros per month. *Must expressly mention name and date (not older than 14 days before the application date)
- Only if you have a travel document, the applicant must show a proof of their nationality before the refugee status (old identity card, old passport, birth certificate, driving licence,…)
Please note that ALL of the above documents are COMPULSORY to apply for the Visa and we will NOT take your Visa request into consideration if one or more documents are missing!
- Please submit your application at least 6-8 weeks before travel date.
- Consular officers reserve the right to reject any application without having to provide a reason.
- After the Visa application has been accepted, the Embassy may ask for an interview.
The Consul may ask for more documents if deemed necessary