Special Tourist Visa (STV)
(Applicable and valid until 30 September 2022)
Purpose of visit “(STV) Duration of stay no longer than 90 days”. This means that this visa allows travellers to stay in Thailand after entry up to 90 days; however, they extend their stay twice, each extension allowing the traveller to stay up to 90 days.
The STV is issued to travelers to Thailand for tourism purposes only.
The STV scheme is valid for a single entry.
The STV is valid for 3 months from the date of issue, allowing the traveller to stay in Thailand up to 90 days. The visa can be extended twice, each extension allowing the traveller to stay up to 90 days.
The STV can not be changed to other types of visa during the stay in Thailand.
Documents to be provided for approval:
- passport that is still valid for at least 12 months
- Applicant’s identity photo, taken within the last 6 months
- Declaration form ( Download here)
- Belgian/Luxembourg identity card (or resident card in Belgium/Luxembourg)
- Travel booking confirmation
- The reservation of the flight tickets in and out of Thailand
- Proof of accommodation in Thailand
- Evidence of long-stay accommodation:
- Condominium title deed, or
- Hotel reservation (s) (after quarantine), fully paid, for the entire period of stay, or
- Rental contract, fully paid, for the entire period of stay, or
- Leasing or hire-purchase agreement of a condominium
- Passport page(s) which contain international travel records for the past 12 months
- Criminal record, dated no more than 3 months ( translated in English)
- Medical certificate, certifying that applicant is does not have prohibitive diseases, dated no more than 3 months. ( Download the form here )
- A valid health insurance certificate which covers the following medical expenses :
- cover at least 90 days (from your arrival date) or the whole period of stay in Thailand and expressly indicate
- outpatient fees of not less than 40,000 THB
- inpatient fees of not less than 400,000 THB
- cover all medical expenses including COVID-19 of at least
- Travelers can purchase an insurance from a Thai insurance company on https://longstay.tgia.org/
- Confirmed AQ/ SHA+ reservation
- Picture of the applicant holding the info page of the applicant’s passport ( to identify if the applicant’s face is the same person as the passport holder)
- Visa processing fee: 70 Euro
Applicants less than 18 years old are required to submit the following documents
in addition to the above (PER person):
- the identity card/passport of BOTH parents
- the birth certificate
- The parent who is not travelling with the minor must write a letter of consent for the child to travel
***Please upload required documents of your visa according to the lists above despite insufficient document sections provided on www.thaievisa.go.th. The Embassy is in the process of requesting additional sections from the Thai e-visa web developer, which may take some time. In the meantime, you may upload the rest of the required documents where deemed appropriate or in the same section as other documents. It is important to upload all required documents in order for your application to be processed in a timely manner.
*** Consular officers reserve the rights to request additional documents as deemed necessary.